Friday, July 24, 2020

Slitti Cacao Pregiati - LatteNero 70% (bar) - July 24, 2020

Chocolate of the Day:

Slitti Cacao Pregiati
LatteNero 70% (bar)
Good ++
Weight: 1.76 oz. (50 g.) / 3.5 oz. (100 g.) in total bar
Calories: 299 calories in 1/2 bar
Cost: $8.95 for 1 bar
Purchased from:, online order

Welcome to Day #7 of Italian Chocolate Theme Week.

This bar had a bold dark chocolate aroma with earthy, fermented fruit notes, and a relatively smooth melt and texture. The flavor was similar to the aroma; however it was mellowed (and arguably improved) by the addition of milk. 

This was an ultra-dark 70% milk chocolate bar that worked. Seventy percent of this bar was cacao/cocoa. Normally that would mean that the remaining 30 percent would be sugar. However, with a dark milk chocolate like this, some of that 30 percent is whole milk powder, and the percent of sugar may then be lower--closer to what you might find in an 80 percent cacao bar, pushing it into a more profound flavor feast. Less sugar means greater access to the authentic or original cacao flavor. 

The same ultra-dark milk chocolate flavor extended into a lingering finish.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...